St. Mary's Church
The Octagonal Church was replaced by St. Mary’s Church, consecrated on the 10th of March 1869 by Bishop M. B. Hale, and was built in four stages, with the last stage completed in 1903. During this final stage the North and South Transepts were added which gave the church a ‘cruciform’ shape which was later described as a “small scale Gothic Revival, nave of pressed Flemish bond bricks, transepts pressed bricks without patterning, some lancet windows have stained glass.”
On the 8th of October 1996, St. Mary’s was permanently listed on the W.A. Government Register of Heritage Places, which will help to ensure that it will remain as an example of a 19th century Anglican Parish Church set in a graveyard.